Friday, July 30, 2010

The Fashion Status!

"Hey! a new bag, Calvin Klein, wow!!", said my dearest friend. I felt elated, mission successful! My new bag brought one step closer to being the hotest fashionista in the office.
How many of us actually not do that! maybe those 5% who have given up that they can ever make a fashion status at all....
I said "Bought from US where I had gone for a vacation", I felt rather proud. All this then made me ask myself "Did buying a branded bag or shoe, or copying a hollywood/bollywood trend gives me the Fashion Status that I desired." Didn't I just become one of the many young ladies who think "Label is the Fashion Status".

I had always been an ardent fan of the Fashion World, at times I feel switching my profession. I always felt that people are crticizing me for my presentability. And I should look my very best at all times. And believe me! have spent thousands of money to keep that status for all this time. And, I know I am not alone in this RACE!! There are so many of them out there who do the same...

All our lives we, the young ladies thrive hard to just look our very best so that we could be easily accepted in the so called "FASHION STATUS" and feel proud of ourselves. We badly criticize those simple kurtas, sarees and ill fitted trousers. We widen our eyes at the very sight of a bad hair cut! We condemn Aishwarya for looking so artificial in the Loreal ad, and we love Kareena's new fashion trends and secretly wish to copy her every look.

BUT, have we ever thought "What is the Fashion Status?" Moreover, what does the word "Fashion" mean??
My mom! can drape a saree so beautifully that none of her flaws is ever visible, she looks curvaceous, sophisticated, intellect and equally beautiful in a simple cotton saree. I wonder that even wearing a designer saree, spending atleast 10,000 rupees for the saree and getting a fashion designer to design for my blouse and accessories, I am not that satisfied of my look, but with simple redundant accessories she can look so perfect. Is that the much after "Fashion Status". Is it not all about designer garments, the expensive shoes!!

Fashion is about making a statement though your expression of ones physical presentation. Being a fashionista means you are a personality who has her identity and making a mark in society with the way you present yourself. A "Fashion Status" is being individualistic with ones self.

Comfort, confident, Feeling Strong are just some of the factors that relate to the way an individual dresses defining his/her personality. 
My mom feels "Gravity, conservativeness are the key to ones personality and so her attire completely reflects those ideas!!
One of my very close friend thinks life is being cool, calm and happy and her love for casuals strongly justifies that.
I on the other hand feel that variety is the essence of life!!!

I know people shall have varied opinion on my blog as well.. but I shall proudly say that I am still struggling to be the part of the much hyped "Fashion Status"!!

1 comment:

  1. true..fashion is so different for different people..I feel anything you wear (costly/cheap, branded/non-branded), you should carry that..you will definitely create a fashion statement :)

    ReplyDelete